Unfinished Hardwood Floors VS Prefinished Wood Flooring: The Truth Behind The Saw Dust – A Simple Breakdown for Beginners
Unfinished Hardwood Floors VS Prefinished Wood Flooring
Deciding between Unfinished Hardwood Floor or Pre-finished Wood Flooring can be difficult but regardless all wood flooring ends up with a protective coat of some kind. To help you decide which type of Wood flooring is right for your home or office, here is a simple breakdown by the Hardwood Heroes of Los Angeles. When compared Unfinished vs Prefinished wood floors are drastically different. Ideally, Prefinished floors are completely ready to just install, already stained, sealed, cured & ready to walk on. When it comes to Unfinished flooring the palate is left open to one’s imagination. Almost as though it were a blank canvas, Unfinished hardwood floors allow you to further sand or scrape the floor, bleach or custom stain the wood floor, and seal it accordingly in a matte or gloss finish. Unfinished wood floors are custom-tailored onsite and typically cost more. Commonly known as hardwood floor refinishing, it is thought of as an art in the wood flooring industry and we happen to be masters at it! Don’t take our word for it, just look at our Wood Flooring Before & Afters Photo Gallery or better yet, give us a call at (626) 923-9962 – estimates are FREE!
Unfinished Hardwood Floors
Unfinished floors are delivered raw and finished on site. Unfinished floors give the homeowner an opportunity to choose from the wide range of colors, stains And finishes, which contribute to the personalization of a Hardwood Floor.Unfinished hardwood floors are available in more widths and wood species than Prefinished Wood flooring. Unfinished hard wood flooringcan also be matched most easily to existing wood floors.
• An Unfinished hardwood floor allows for hand-distressing and aging techniques to match existent historical flooring.
• An Unfinished hardwood floor is easier to stain and match with an existing Floor.
• Unfinished hardwood floors are easier to match with interior looks and designs.
• Some plank widths and exotic wooden floor species are available unfinished
Prefinished Wood Flooring
Most hardwood flooring is installed Pre-finished, with several coats of protective surface finish already factory applied. Because sanding and finishing are not required, a prefinished floor is completed relatively quickly without the dust, noise and fumes that can accompany the on-site finishing process but still require acclimation.
• Prefinished Wood Flooring is best in a high traffic or high-moisture area, such as a bathroom or kitchen
• Only Prefinished Engineered Wood floors can be ‘floated’ above a concrete layer.
• No drying/curing is required – prefinished wood flooring is ready to walk on immediately after installing
• No toxic fumes, odors or dust from sanding is ever encountered when installing Prefinished floors
• Most prefinished wood flooring comes with a manufacturer’s warranty incase of defective boards/slabs