If you’re considering replacing your tired old carpet with hardwood floors but you haven’t quite decided yet, here is our list of the top 15 reasons why switching to wood is the right choice for you!
Some might say that a disadvantage of a hardwood floor is the initial cost. It can be a bit more expensive than carpet and will need to be installed by a trained professional to acquire the perfect results. If not installed properly, gaps may arise between the pieces of wood and will look terrible if not remedied immediately, However, the cost will definitely prove reasonable and cost-effective as time passes by. For people who have budget constraints, we at Century Custom Hardwood Floor in Los Angeles can work with you! We cater to any budget, big or small and do the job right, every time.Today, the number of hard wood flooring designs is getting wider as new choices on the kind of wood, color, and type of grain are being discovered. Bamboo, another kind of wood, is now gaining popularity in wood flooring due to its flexibility and variety of colors to choose from. Over a longer period of time, the benefits of having a wood flooring over carpet will become apparent as age wears the carpet down and it begins to fade away.
|For temporary use and short term use ONLY, carpet flooring is rather more practical. Choosing between hardwood flooring or carpet may seem like a simple proposition dictated solely by cost, but nothing could be further from the truth. When it comes to what you put in your home, there are so many choices for today’s consumer! Let us prove to you that wood flooring is the right choice for your Los Angeles, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Pacific Palisades, Malibu or West Hollywood home, office, gym or studio. Give us a call at (800) 608-6007 to schedule a free in-home estimate at your convenience! With an offer like that, why WOOD you choose anyone else?.|
And finally, what you have been waiting for…
1. Carpets are dust, dirt and mildew collectors. Replacing them with hardwood can help alleviate allergies!
2. Spills, dirt, crumbs, debris and much more can live in your carpet and never be seen! With hardwood, you can easily see and clean messes. Plus, you can completely wipe up a spill, whereas carpet can absorb and hold onto moisture.
3. If you feel like you’re cleaning more with wood floors, just imagine all the dirt you didn’t see in your carpet!
4. Carpeting usually goes out of style as fashion changes. A carpet design for the 1950’s will no longer look as beautiful and elegant a decade or two later but as those trends come and go the beauty and style of hardwood remains a classic.
5. That new carpet smell? That’s potentially hazardous synthetic material which can leak chemical fumes for years! They can cause sinus and/or breathing problems.
6. Once a carpet begins to unravel, it usually gets worse…fast!
7. With enough time, all carpets will matt and become more difficult to care for. Some stains just won’t ever come out.
8. Even if you regularly care for a carpet, dirt and dust will sink to the bottom and settle. Shampooing can even cause problems, since the dampness may remain and create mould & mildew.
9. Dander, dust, fluff, pet fur, mildew, mold, pollen, dust mites, fungus… EW!
10. Hardwood lasts longer and f your carpet is damaged, torn or permanently stained there is no other option but to remove it. Damaged wood on the other hand, can be sanded and refinished multiple times rather than replaced.
11. Go green! Wood is a sustainable choice. Trees, bamboo, cork…they can all be replaced! Plus, you can rest assured knowing we practice responsible harvesting. Today, tree cutting is monitored very carefully within a selective cutting and replanting strategy.
12. Hardwood won’t hide harmful matter from you.
13. While they still require proper care, hardwood floors are much more resistant to spills than carpet.
14. Even if you end up with scratches and dents, most wood floors can be sanded and refinished. Plus, we offer handscraped floors which have a beautiful, rustic texture that hides the wear and tear from families and pets.
15. Hardwood can seriously increase the value of your home according to financial experts!
16. Olefin (also referred to as polypropylene, polyethylene or polyolefin) carpet soils easily. This synthetic fiber is used to make clothing, upholstery, wallpaper and ropes.